Visits to companies and institutions
Visits to companies cover different technologies (wool, silk, cotton, finishing, footwear and wood) and sectors (women's wear, men's wear, sport's wear, textile machinery, lighting and furnishing) while visits to institutions and events cover all leading actors in the fashion and design system (trade fairs, museums and exhibitions).
Thank you, Prada, for opening your doors to MAFED participants and letting us step into your world of innovation, creativity and heritage. #MAFED #MafedmeetsPrada #Pradaexperience #Pradaworld #Prada
Inspiring visit to "probably the oldest wool mill in the world", Vitale Barberis Canonico: more than 350 years of history marked by devotion to producing the best quality woollen garments. Vitale Barberis Canonico embarked us on a journey through a true gentleman's wardrobe. #mafedmeetsvbc
MAFED discovers the beauty of Bottega Veneta, a symbol of supreme quality, craftsmanship and Italian Excellence worldwide. #MAFED
Fairs, exhibitions and events
Participants have access to fairs, exhibitions, events and the possibility to attend an Italian course, with a particular emphasis on the history and language of fashion and design.
- La Perla
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Uma Wang
- Agatha Ruiz De La Prada, Art and Fashion, Triennale, Milano
- British Fashion in Milano, Triennale, Milano
- Dressing ourselves, Triennale, Milano
- Eidos - beyond Fashion, Triennale, Milano
- French Fashion, Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milano
- From the Sforza family tradition to Modern Design. Six centuries of furniture's history, Castello Sforzesco, Milano
- Il design della Gioia, Triennale, Milano
- La moda come passione e come professione. Silvana Bernasconi's textile collection, Castello Sforzesco, Milano
- The 50es. The birth of Italian creativity, Palazzo Reale, Milano
- The Sound of Time, Triennale, Milano
- Thonet. The birth of design between Austrian Biedermeier and Secession, Castello Sforzesco, Milano
- Yamamoto. Correspondences, Pitti Uomo, Florence
- White - Avanguard Fashion Fair
- MICAM (footwear)
- MIPEL (leather accessories)
- MACEF (international home show)
- Pitti Uomo
- Salone del Mobile
- Innovation on Fashion Retailing Conference
- Milano studia la Moda, organized by the Milano Municipality
- Premio "Giovani Imprenditori della Moda"
- Visit to the Fashion Library (Milano)
- Spain Study Tour, in collaboration with ISEM - Instituto Superior de Empresa y Moda (Madrid)
- French Study Tour, in collaboration with IFM - Institut Français de la Mode (France)
MAFED goes to Paris
Thanks to the long lasting collaboration with IFM - Institut Français de la Mode also this year SDA Bocconi organized an amazing study tour in Paris for MAFED students on April 26 and 27. They could enjoy two days of lectures, guest speeches, company visits and exhibitions.
The first day they attended two interesting lectures on the French fashion system, a guest speech by a manager from Frederic Malle company and a visit to Ecole Lesage, the prestigious maison of embroidery arts creating works for the most important haute couture and ready to wear international brands. The day ended with a networking aperitivo with IFM students on the rooftop of IFM wonderful building on the Seine.
The second day was dedicated to visits: they have been accompanied by managers through Dior Heritage and Flagship store, they visited Margiela/Galliera 1989-2009 exhibition and finally attended a presentation on Kenzo parfums at LVMH fragrance brands offices. A really intense full immersion kind of program but really interesting and rich of experiences and activities combined with a wonderful sunny and warm weather! A special thanks goes to IFM school and to all companies hosting MAFED students and managers pleasing them with their speeches, inspirations and insights.
MAFED students visiting Dior Haute Couture Salon et Heritage, Paris
MAFED students at the Margiela/Galliera 1989 - 2009 exhibition
Innovation on Fashion Retailing Conference
"MAFED went to London for a study tour about retail and digital marketing organized in collaboration with London College of Fashion.Stefania Saviolo | Director Mafed 2013
During two intense days, students had the opportunity to hear from companies such as Net-a-Porter and Stella McCartney about their strategies in mobile commerce and CSR and discuss latest results about research carried out at the London College, as well as networking with Bocconi alumni in London on the occasion of the retail conference held in the evening. A guided visit to Burberry's latest flagship in Regent Street and a study tour at the most advanced and intriguing retailer formats in London complemented the learning experience."