THE ARTS & SCIENCE OF COMMERCIAL LEADERSHIP
In partnership with: ESMT Berlin
To excel at marketing and sales, commercial leaders must reconcile the creativity of arts with the rigor of science. Our program “The Arts and Science of Commercial Leadership” will help leaders take this step. By exploring how artists turn their creative energy into world-class performances, participants will receive inspiration for their own business practices. In addition, participants will explore the latest scientific insights on how to achieve commercial excellence and share their own experiences.
The choice of Berlin (and Germany) and Milano (and Italy) comes from this idea: two cities that are champions in terms of mixing arts and science and synthesize the best of these two fields.
Participants will leave the program with concrete action items on how to combine arts and science to achieve the next level of commercial excellence with their organizations.
5 days (4 days in classroom + 8 hours in Distance Learning)
I module in classroom: from the 17 to the 19 September 2018 (the 17th only afternoon, the 19th only morning class) | ESMT Berlin, Berlin
II module in classroom: from the 12 to the 13 November 2018 | SDA Bocconi, Milano
Distance learning activities: 8 hours from 17th September to 13th November 2018
The Program helps leaders understand the arts and science of:
- understanding customers and their needs;
- creating innovative solutions that cater to customers’ needs;
- forging strong networks to satisfy customers’ needs;
- employee motivation required to satisfy customers’ needs;
- implementing strategic changes in the sales force, such as a digital transformation or the evolution to a solutions selling model.
"The arts and science of commercial Leadership" is addressed to senior executives, especially those responsible for marketing, sales, and customer service within their organizations.
I module in Berlin: 17-18-19 September 2018 (the 17th only afternoon, the 19th only morning class)
- Truly understanding and catering to customer needs
- From product selling to solution selling
- Motivating people for excelling commercially
- Mastering the change
II module in Milano: 12-13 November 2018
- Strategizing by understanding competitive dynamics
- Managing creativity
- Assessing and developing your social capital
- Managing the digital transformation in commercial organizations: leveraging on technology and sales contents for sales force enablement.
The program is characterized by a multidisciplinary perspective, an experiential learning approach, a focus on facilitating the sharing of opinions, experiences and practices among participants. In addition to in-class sessions, participants will be involved in some highly experiential off-class activities and in distance learning sessions. This innovative combination of learning methods will help participants:
- Experience and receive inspiration from artists’ and scientists' pathway toward commercial excellence
- Discuss state-of-the-art scientific knowledge on how to excel commercially
- Share and discuss best practices and case studies
- Network with senior commercial leaders
Paolo Guenzi is an associate professor and SDA Bocconi’s expert for the topic of sales management. Paolo’s primary areas of interest are the drivers of sales excellence and sales force performance. At SDA Bocconi, he has founded and manages the Commercial Excellence Lab.
Johannes Habel is an associate professor and ESMT Berlin’s expert for the topic of sales management. Johannes' primary areas of interest are the digital transformation of the sales function as well as sales psychology. At ESMT Berlin, Johannes also serves as a co-director of the Hidden Champions Institute (HCI), which focuses on internationally leading larger medium-sized companies.
6.500,00 euros + VAT (including teaching materials, coffee breaks, business lunches during the program, excluding accommodation)
Please complete the enrollment request form, soon available on this web page, and mail or fax to:
SDA Bocconi School of Management
fax +39 02 5836.6833
The final deadline for enrollment is 28th August 2018. Please see details in the enrollment form.
Special Payment Terms
A 10% reduction on the program fee is offered to applications sent in by 19th July 2018.