Renzo Cenciarini is Senior Lecturer of Corporate Finance and Real Estate, SDA Bocconi; Contract Professor, Department of Management and Technology, Bocconi University.
His cooperation with SDA Bocconi began in 1990. He coordinated several meaningful research projects and training activities, for large Italian and international companies that operate in diversified industrial sectors. He is a member of the faculty of, among others: Master in Business Administration (MBA) (both full-time and part-time), Master in Corporate Finance (MCF), Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA, Executive Master in Finance (EMF). His teaching covers entrepreneurship, asset restructuring, valuation, M&A. He teaches the same topics in custom-made programmes for large multinational corporations, and in executive programmes.
His research activities have always focused on value creation through uniqueness, be it entrepreneurial, disruptive behaviour or values. Most recently, his interests have focused on entrepreneurial topics, which led to the launch of a new course, “Managing the Growing Entrepreneurial Venture” at Bocconi University. In the past, he concentrated his research on corporate restructuring, mostly of invested capital.
He is the author of several books, book chapters, articles and keynote speeches on the subject of corporate restructuring and growth of industrial companies.
In 1998 he founded Cenciarini & Co., an investment banking boutique active in equity investments and corporate finance advisory. In the last 20 years, investments focused mainly on companies that needed restructuring, business building and start-ups (in the most recent years). Cenciarini & Co. invested in more than 20 companies, and advised in over 100 M&A deals.
He held several positions as Board member and Chairman of banks and companies, both listed and privately held, in Italy and abroad. He took up several assignments for the Italian Ministry of Industry, as well as for international institutions and entities. He is member of several international networks.
He earned a degree in Economics magna cum laude from Bocconi University, where he was the recipient of the Nestlé price, and gold medal, for outstanding thesis work. He then earned a Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree from the Harvard Business School, where he was the recipient of the JP Morgan Fellowship.
- Un ponte per la crescita – imprese, banche e finanza per il futuro del sistema Italia, with M. Dallocchio, A. Dell’Acqua, L.L. Etro, Gangemi Editore, 2006
- "Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring”, course material, Bocconi University Press, 2004
- “La valutazione delle internet start up”, with F. Perrini e M. Spisni, ch. 10 of “e-valuation” edited by F. Perrini, McGraw Hill, 2000
- “Ristrutturazione e crescita – le strategie adottate dalle imprese di successo”, Giuffrè Editore, 1998
- “Magneti Marelli – la storia e la business transformation”, con S. Licini, Giuffrè Editore, 1996. English and French editions, 1997