In particular, the activities of the SDA Bocconi’s Observatory on Chronic Diseases and Primary Care (OCCP) are focused on:
- conducting different research pillars on chronic disease policies and management models, and the transformation of primary care in Italy and abroad
- the management of advisory boards (institutional and scientific) to share the processing of content with both institutional and scientific level entities
- the publication of study results
- the dissemination of research results through events.
The research pillars in which SDA Bocconi’s OCCP is engaged are:
- the health authorities’ strategies on patient engagement for the redesign of services for chronic patients
- the institutional and organizational models of the regional and business systems for managing chronic cases
- the transition models for chronic cases with low survival rates
- the organization and management of Chronicle related Groups and other health centers in Italy with a collection of business cases for the analysis of the various "service formulas"
- the operating systems for managing the chronic cohort
comparison of the Population Health Management approaches in the management of chronic disease