Ferdinando Pennarola is Associate Professor of the Department of Management and Technology at Bocconi University.
His collaboration with SDA Bocconi began in 1986. He is Director of SDA Bocconi GEMBA (Global Executive MBA). He is Faculty member of the MBA Full time, of EMBA, of MFB and MISA. He is also Faculty member of SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai (India).Every year, he leads several top executive workshops on change management issues for companies belonging to the following industries: banking and finance, healthcare and pharmaceutical, automotive and transportation, telecommunications and IT, tourism, fashion and luxury, oil and gas, media and entertainment, infrastructures building and development.He is Program Director of important custom initiatives for top executives and senior leaders, operating globally.
His research activities focus on change management, organizational design, ICT – mediated innovation processes, management of professional organizations, responsible leadership and management consulting. Currently, he is investigating the management of change processes combined with the adoption of information technologies, within organizations and the economy at large.
He is the author of numerous books and articles on the subject. His works have been published in Cutting Edge Technologies in Higher Education, International Journal of Information Management, Information Systems and e-Business Management, Journal of Management Education, Review of Managerial Science, among others.He has participated in numerous scientific/professional committees and commissions, such as the World Council of AIS (Association for Information Systems), Conference Chair of ICIS 2013 (International Conference of Information Systems). He was Chairman of the board of directors of ISBM (International Schools of Business Management) in London established by Harvard University to offer the ITP (International Teachers Programme), from 2005 to 2016. He was Delegate Rector for E-Learning at Bocconi University from 2004 to 2012. He was Visiting Assistant Professor at the Graduate Business School of the Florida University, Visiting Professor at London Business School.
Ferdinando earned a Degree in Business Administration and a Ph.D. in Business Administration and Management both from Bocconi University. He also earned an ITP (International Teachers Programme) from the Centre HEC-ISA in Jouy-en-Josas (France).
- M. Magni, F. Pennarola Responsible Leadership, Egea 2015
- L. Mola, F. Pennarola, S. Za (editors) From Information to Smart Society: Environment, Politics, and Economics, Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organization 5, 2014, Springer International Publishing
- Pennarola F., Morabito V., Laudon K. e Laudon J. Management dei sistemi informativi: i fondamenti Prentice Hall – Pearson Italia, 2009
- Pennarola F., Morabito V., Laudon K. e Laudon J. Management dei sistemi informativi: progetto e applicazioni Prentice Hall – Pearson Italia, 2010
- Pennarola F. e C. Rossignoli (a cura di) Studi organizzativi e sistemi informativi aziendali. Convergenze, percorsi di ricerca e strumenti di intervento, Numero speciale di Sinergie, 2005
- Pennarola F. (a cura di) Management: innovazione e tecnologie informatiche, Università L. Bocconi Editore, 2006
- Pennarola F. (a cura di) Le imprese nella società dell’informazione: tecnologie informative per la competizione, Egea, 2006
- Pennarola F. (a cura di) Organizzazione e Information Technology: Combinare presone, processi e tecnologie per nuovi modelli d’impresa, Egea, Milan, 2005
- Pennarola F., Economia e organizzazione delle attività terziarie, EtasLibri, Milan, 1995
- Pennarola F. (con Carlo Mario Guerci, Vito Marcolongo e Guido Cervigni), Monopolio e Concorrenza nelle telecomunicazioni: il caso di Omnitel, Il Sole 24 Ore Libri, Milan, 1998
- Pennarola F. (con Lorenzo Sacconi, Bernardo Bortolotti, Cesare Vaccà) Le professioni intellettuali tra liberalizzazione e nuove regolazioni, Egea, Milan, 1999
- Pennarola F. e G. Faliva, Storia della consulenza di direzione in Italia Protagonisti, idee, tendenze evolutive, Milan, Edizioni Olivares, 1992
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, “All that glitters is not gold: alleged innovations in human computer interaction“ Information System, Management Organization and Control, 2014, Pages 179-190, Springer International Publishing
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, “Improving information exchange effectiveness through data compression techniques“ Information System, Management Organization and Control, 2014, Pages 229-241, Springer International Publishing
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello, “Enhanced class replay: will this turn into better learning?”, Cutting Edge Technologies in Higher Education, Volume 6, Issue, 2013, Pages 143-162, Emerald Group Publishing
- S. Basaglia, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, F. Pennarola “IT integration capability and team performance: the role of team climate”, International Journal of Information Management, Volume 30, Issue 6, December 2010, Pages 542-551 (Authors alphabetically listed)
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello “High performance IT as a strategic partner for HR Management”, IT Outsourcing: concept, methodologies, tools and applications, Amant K., (editor) IGI Global Publishing, 2010
- S. Basaglia, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, F. Pennarola “Environmental and organizational drivers influencing the adoption of VoIP”, Information Systems and e-Business Management, Volume 7, Issue 1, 2009, Pages 103-118 (Authors alphabetically listed)
- S. Basaglia, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, F. Pennarola “Individual adoption of convergent mobile phone in Italy”, Review of Managerial Science, Volume 3, Issue 1, March 2009, Pages 1-18 (Authors alphabetically listed)
- F. Pennarola, “Business Schools International Networks for Faculty Development” in Teaching and Learning at Business Schools: – Transforming the Delivery of Business Education edited by M. Bild, P. Mårtensson, K.Nilsson, Gower Publishing Ltd, UK, Gower, July 2008
- M. Magni, F. Pennarola “Intra-organizational relationships and technology acceptance”, International Journal of Information Management, Volume 28, Issue 6, December 2008, Pages 517-523 (Authors alphabetically listed)
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello “Combining High Performance IT And Hr Management”, Encyclopedia of Human Resources and IT: Challenges in e-HRM, Torres (editor), IGI Global Publishing, May 2008
- Pennarola F. e Mundell B. “Shifting Paradigms In Management Education: What Happens When We Take Groups Seriously?”, in Journal of Management Education, 12, 1999, vol. 23 pag. 663-683, Sage.
- Pennarola F. e Mundell B. “The functioning of student hybrid virtual teams”, in Conference Material – Learning Challenges in the New Millennium, NYU-Stern e ISBM, Luglio 2001
- Pennarola F. e F. Giavazzi, (a cura di) Net Impact: l’impatto della rete sul sistema produttivo italiano, Cisco Systems e Università L. Bocconi, 2003