They allow participants to explore advanced themes and gain further details on previously acquired competences, getting ready to put them into practice.
Doing International Business in Fashion and Design industries
- Interpret the main theories and concepts regarding internationalization processes and international management
- Understand key issues and barriers in the global management of fashion and design brands
- Understand global sourcing in fashion
- Develop the ability to carry out an international market analysis (risk return and potential evaluation analysis)
- Understand the most critical decisions associated with international growth (intellectual property management, customs, distribution channels, retail structure, pricing, etc.)
- Upgrade your ability to write a business plan for an internationalization process, or improve the international competitiveness of fashion and design companies
Managing Design-Based Companies
The course focuses on the management of creativity, innovation, and product development in design-based companies. This is not a course about design itself, but rather about the context in which design is used. The tacit skills of designers, their creativity, are vitally important, but only if combined with managerial skills and a deep understanding in the current economic environment. For design to be managed and championed effectively those responsible must be equipped with a broad vision of how design interacts within its changing economic, social, and technological context. So, the course:
- Provides you with an opportunity to consider design in the context of organizations, how design relates to different business functions in the new product development process.
- Enhances your ability to use design approaches and tools to identify and implement innovation and growth opportunities.
- Expands your thinking about corporate design and innovation beyond the design and development of new products to other fundamental sources of value creation.
The Branded Supply Chain in Fashion
Buying Processes in Fashion
- Learn how to apply analytical models to evaluate corporate strategies in the luxury industry, and their impact on creation and the capturing of value.
- Discuss a corporate case, examining both the qualitative and quantitative information, and drawing relevant conclusions about the related managerial implications.
- Learn and apply basic economic rules for information, experience, and symbolic goods
This course provides an overview on the topic of CSR in Fashion & Luxury with a focus on responsible innovation. The analysis of different business practices aims at providing useful food for thought to consumers and managers that are willing to face the responsibility challenge. You will develop your analytical and creative capabilities, identifying strategic issues in responsible fashion.