Different methodologies are used throughout the program.
- Class sessions
- Case study discussions in small groups as well as in class
- Simulations and role-playing exercises
- Visiting professors and professional guest speakers
- In-company projects, individual or group
- Extensive use of top international financial databases (i.e.Bloomberg, Datastream Advance)
Alberto DEll'Acqua - MCF Director
"MCF Class: Corporate Valuation"
You are required to focus your time and intellectual commitment on the Program, and as such there is no time for part-time employment. Attendance is compulsory and you are required to maintain a high level of attention and involvement in class sessions.
You are also expected to possess and exercise a keen ability to evaluate and judge yourself, others and situations.
By the end of the Program, participants are expected to have mastered:
- Theoretical financial knowledge: understanding of key finance concepts and their interrelation.
- Practical financial knowledge and technical skills: application of key concepts learned in class to real life cases.
- Critical thinking, analytical problem solving and ethical behavior: development of decision making abilities by balancing data with good judgment and ethical reasoning.
Facilities and other learning tools
The MCF is housed in the Masters Division building, which hosts twelve classrooms equipped with multimedia stations, more than eighty areas for group work and a dedicated wireless system. We recommend students bring their own laptops to the program.
The Università Bocconi Library offers access to over 500,000 volumes and more than 7,000 periodicals, a collection that makes our Library one of the world's richest sources of information on economics, finance and management
You will be assigned a personal e-mail account in the Bocconi domain and several databases containing information on economics, finance and business management are also available.
The evaluation system is based on written tests, role-playing, projects and classroom work. In order to successfully complete the Master in Corporate Finance, participants should meet all School requirements. Exceptional students are awarded the Cum Laude Honors.