Master of Management in Food & Beverage
The real taste of management.
The Master of Management in Food & Beverage (MFB) is a full-time, international, one-year program that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
The program focuses on management of F&B and related companies, such as manufacturing companies, retailers and hotel chains. MFB has a multidisciplinary approach and adopts an experiential method.
Lectures by professors and guest speakers are alternated with group exercises, team and individual projects, simulations, role-playing and case study analysis. You will have many Q&A sessions on contemporary issues the industry faces now and in the perceived future.
MFB regards management as a unique recipe that requires many carefully-measured ingredients, including strong theoretical and practical knowledge, vision, drive, determination and the ability to identify opportunities and bring together people, cultures and traditions.
MFB is the Master for you if
- You aspire to take up a managerial role in the intriguing field of Food & Beverage and related industries
- You want to discover how to be successful in restaurant and hotel business
- You need to be more specialized in order to progress in your career
- You want the opportunity to interact with international leaders in this sector
- You are ready for the challenge of a specialized and intense business program
- You are ready for an innovative curriculum from an internationally recognized School of Management.
Inspired by Italy's cultural heritage, SDA Bocconi School of Management shows its expertise in three of the highlights of Italian Excellence, namely the arts, fashion and design and food and beverage.
10 Reasons Why
What MFB can offer you
- Solid foundations in management, including practical, creative and professional skills
- Strong knowledge to operate successfully in the F&B sector, a market that is an important part of the global economy
- Direct contact with excellent companies and their leaders, who are often guest speakers on the program
- A dynamic environment, a focus on the global market and a multidisciplinary approach
- An exceptional faculty, involving worldwide recognized Partners, top executives and managers who will provide their specific professional knowledge and perspective.
- Although there are other programs in the world focused on the food & beverage industry, the SDA Bocconi MFB is the only management program to offer a rounded education in F&B, along with the finest Italy has to offer, to support business and entrepreneurship in this field.
- MFB is organized with the support of Altagamma, an association of internationally renowned Italian companies operating in the high end of the market.
Benefits of choosing MFB
A specialized Faculty
The strongest commitment of the Master of Management in Food & Beverage is to combine a significant foundation and methodology of management with business skills and a deeper knowledge in relation to the F&B industries as well as restaurant, food service and hospitality business.
The specialized experience of our Faculty, partners, professional faculty members and guest speakers from the F&B business community, together with the Italian culture and heritage make this objective uniquely achievable.
The MFB Faculty will exploit the techniques and methods of SDA Bocconi guiding you through a path of personal and professional development.
The direction of your Career
In today's Food & Beverage industries, it is increasingly important to have a strong managerial approach and a well-developed entrepreneurial sensitivity to fulfill crucial positions, such as Brand & Product Manager, Export/Import Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Communications Manager, Area Manager and Marketing Manager, Product and Business Developer, just to name a few.
The industry commitment
MFB benefits from the participation of executives and top managers from more than 50 international companies in F&B production and distribution, as well as food service and hospitality business, both from large multinational companies and the top Italian companies.
A great place to network
MFB offers students the opportunity to attend fairs and events, as well as company visits and trips to locations across Italy, providing access to a strong international network with the most exciting firms of the Food, Beverage and Hospitality industries for you to develop relationships for future collaboration.
Networking will start on day one of the program and continue throughout your career. Your network will include a top-level faculty that is also an important partner of many leading companies, senior executives and managers, all of whom can boast specialized knowledge in this sector and bring new perspectives. Last but not least, your passionate fellow students and alumni will make up an important part of your network.
Milano, a taste of Italy
The SDA Bocconi MFB is the only management program to offer a rounded education in Food & Beverage, along with the finest Italy has to offer, to support business and entrepreneurship in this field. Choosing SDA Bocconi and coming to Milano means choosing a vibrant environment, the entrepreneurial, financial and industrialized center of Italy, a gateway to Europe. And Milano, of course, is culture, fashion, design, food and the art of living.
"MFB gave me the confidence for dreaming big. Made me understand that it is possible to be a successful entrepreneur in this sector. But, it was not only about inspiration, we also received a well structured education in order to minimize the chances to fail in today´s difficult business world."
Antonio Massimini | MFB 2015, Venezuelan-Italian
"All in all, I chose this program to help me make a career change into the Food & Beverage sector, and so far I think it has been the right choice by providing me with the exact in-depth and specialized knowledge that will allow me to make this transition with ease."
Kariman Sayer Dayer | MFB 2012, Egyptian