Candidates are required to have
- An undergraduate University degree with the overall education career from primary school to completing the bachelor degree of at least fifteen years.
The School selects candidates from a wide range of academic, cultural and professional backgrounds. This diversity of approach, culture and experience enriches the learning process at both an individual and group level, and is one of the many elements making MIHMEP truly unique.
- Work experience - 2-3 years post-bachelor work experience is an advantage in the admission process. Applications from candidates with limited professional experience but who have a strong interest in international healthcare management will be taken into consideration.
- Proficiency in English - All applicants must be highly proficient in written and spoken English. Candidates are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS or similar test result. This requirement does not apply to students who are native English speakers, or who have a significant educational/professional experience in an English speaking country (at least 1 year), or who have completed a University program in English. Test results prior to January 2015 are no longer valid*.
* TOEFL results can be submitted to the SDA Bocconi School of Management using code number 0698. This will allow our office to directly receive the result of the exam. Candidates who have already taken the test must contact ETS to have their original score report forwarded to the Admissions Office.
- GMAT/GRE or SDA Test - a test result is mandatory for all applicants. The GMAT (or GRE) is an internationally recognized test, conducted in English, that evaluates quantitative, verbal, and analytical skills. Although there is no required minimum score for admission, a high score is beneficial during the admission process. Candidates for the 2017-2018 edition of MIHMEP are requested to upload a test and test results prior to January 2012 are no longer valid. When the test is taken, the name of the School should be specified, which will allow our Admissions Service to receive the results directly. The identification code for MIHMEP is 3WJ-L8-72 and for GRE you may require the scores to be sent directly to the School at SDA Bocconi School of Management code 3710.
As an alternative to the GMAT/GRE candidates can ask the Admissions Service to take the SDA Test. The SDA Test is organized by SDA Bocconi and assesses quantitative, logical and verbal skills. Enrolment for the test is organized directly through the Admissions Service after submission of the application for admission.
- Interview - Candidates will be invited to an interview with the MIHMEP Director which may take place on campus at SDA Bocconi or remotely (by telephone or via Skype).
The application is available exclusively online and must be completed in English. In order to apply to MIHMEP, candidates must meet all requirements, must complete the application form and upload all required documents. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and those received well in advance have a greater chance of being admitted. Therefore, it is in the interest of all candidates to submit their application as early as possible.
- Detailed CV and Final Undergraduate Grade Transcripts
You are required to submit a detailed CV and an original/official or certified original transcript of your final grades (in English or Italian) from the college or university attended. This must include grades for individual subjects and the grading scale. Applicants who obtained a university degree in Italy must provide a self-declaration of the Degree Certificate and Transcript (form provided by their university). This self-declaration is only for students who have graduated from Italian universities.
- Two letters of recommendation
Reference letters must be from people who know you well, can comment knowledgeably about your professional and/or academic background and provide a detailed evaluation of your qualifications for MIHMEP. The SDA Bocconi reference form (available online with the application form) must be used. The reference letters can be e-mailed directly by the referees from their company email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL, IELTS or other English Language test certificate
- GMAT or GRE or SDA Test score
- Copy of ID or passport
- Application Fee (€ 100)
All documentation must be uploaded to the online application (only the references need to be e-mailed by the referees). The university certificate and/or transcript must be sent also by post to the Recruiting and Admissions Service. We suggest that you start sending the application form first, without waiting to collect all the remaining application documents, which can be uploaded separately after the application form has been submitted.
Fill out and submit the online application through our website and upload all required documents to the specific section of your application. Official/original or certified degree certificate/transcript should be both uploaded (a scanned copy) and sent by land mail (originals) to:
SDA Bocconi, Masters Division
MIHMEP Recruiting and Admissions Service
Via Balilla, 18 - 20136 Milano, Italy
Only submitted applications will be considered for the selection process. The Admissions Office will contact you in case any documentation is missing.
For further clarification on individual applications, please contact the Admissions Service:
MIHMEP Recruiting and Admissions Service
Tel: +39 02 5836 3176
Fax: +39 02 5836 3272
The Application review started in November 2016.
|November 2016||Application Review Start|
|September 2017||Program Start|
|December 2018||Program End|