mhealth for Cancer Supportive Care
Cancer disease management represents one of the main causes of mortality and morbidity and is among the greatest healthcare challenges worldwide. In this scenario, mobile monitoring devices allow patients who experience severe symptoms to record their own health measures and promptly send them electronically to physicians or specialists. Therefore, mhealth in cancer supportive care can be considered the new frontier in delivering oncological care and SDA Bocconi and Bocconi University are honoured to organize this conference in collaboration with Helsinn Group.
The workshop will present and discuss the main results of the International Survey launched in July 2015. The questionnaire, addressed to cancer patients and clinicians, aimed at gathering empirical evidence on the current utilization of mobile technologies in cancer care and its potential to improve cancer patients’ quality of life.
Specifically, the conference:
- will present the main evidences related to cancer patients’ and clinicians’ opinions, experiences and beliefs in order to evaluate the effects connected to the use of mobile technologies in cancer care and the impacts on cancer patients’ quality of life;
- will highlight the main take-home lessons, as well as the mhealth potential and the main barriers related to the use of mhealth in cancer care;
- will attract several academics, clinicians and specialists both at a national and international level.
The workshop is open to all who have a keen interest in mhealth for oncological patients and to those who have actively contributed to the promotion and distribution of the Survey:
- Oncologists: Clinicians’ Associations;
- Cancer patients: Patients’ Associations.
In collaboration with: