Alessandro Arbore is SDA Professor of Marketing and Sales.
At SDA Bocconi, he was Director of the Executive Master in Marketing & Sales (2012-2017), currently Coordinator of the “Marketing Excellence” Open Program and Coordinator of the Open Program courses within the Marketing and Sales Department. He conducted marketing programs, workshops, research and professional projects with enterprises operating in many industries, both B2C and B2B, like automotive, energy and pharmaceutical industry.
His research activities focus on four main topics: marketing strategy, marketing of innovations, customer value management and marketing metrics.
He is the author of numerous books and articles on the subject. His works have been published in Economia & Management, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and Journal of Service Management, among others. He was Visiting at the Wharton Business School in Philadelphia.
Alessandro earned a Degree in Business Administration specialization in Marketing from Bocconi University, a Ph.D. in Public Policy and a Master in the field of Telecommunications both from George Washington University.
- “Marketing Digitale”, Egea (with A. Mandelli), 2015
- “Strategie e Giochi Competitivi”, Egea 2014 (with E. Valdani)
- “Competitive Strategies. Managing the Present and Planning the Future”, Palgrave, 2012 (with E. Valdani)
- “Strategie Competitive. Giochi di movimento, imitazione, posizione”, Egea, 2008 (with E. Valdani)
- “Il mercato family per la banda larga. I driver e gli ostacoli all'adozione”, Egea, 2007
- Cap. 2, 3 e 7 del libro “Information and communication technologies e piccole e medie imprese: un’analisi dei processi di adozione e di implementazione”, Etas Libri, 2005
Contributions in International books
- “Marketing Strategies” (with E. Valdani). In “International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition”, a cura di J.D. Wright, Elsevier, 2015
- “Environmental drivers of e-business strategies among SMEs”. In: “Handbook of Research on Global Diffusion of Broadband Data Transmission”, Idea Group Publishing: Harrisburg, PA (2008)
- “External pressures for adoption of ICT services among SMEs” (con A. Ordanini). In: “Handbook of Research on Global Diffusion of Broadband Data Transmission”, Idea Group Publishing: Harrisburg, PA (2008)
- “Universal Internet Access Under an Ethical Lens”, in Encyclopedia of Information Ethics and Security, Hersey, PA: Idea Group Publishing, May 2007
- "External Pressures for E-business Inclusion and E-business Involvement among SMEs: an Empirical Study" (con A. Ordanini), cap. 2 in “Current Issues in E-Business Research”, 2005, Rotterdam: DocVision
- "Local Loop Unbundling", in Encyclopedia of Multimedia Technology and Networking, 2005, Hersey, PA: Idea Group Publishing
Contributions in National books
- “Il confronto competitivo“ (con E. Valdani), Cap. 14, in: E. Valdani (a cura di), M@rketing Management. Egea, 2011
- “Marketing metrics” (con A. Cirrincione e E. Valdani), Cap. 31, in: E. Valdani (a cura di), M@rketing Management. Egea, 2011
- “La stima del valore delle relazioni”, par. 5.5, in B. Busacca e G. Bertoli, Customer value. Soddisfazione, fedeltà, valore. Egea, pp. 289-296, 2009
- “La Three Factor Analysis”, par. 3.14, in E. Valdani, Cliente & Service Management, Egea, pp. 90-96, 2009
- “Recessione e post-recessione: gli effetti della grande tempesta sui comportamenti del consumatore” (with F. Pisanu), Economia & Management, 2015
- “Understanding Personal Mobile Technologies: Decomposing and De-averaging the Value of a Smartphone” (with R. Graziani, S. Venturini), Journal of Information Systems, 28 (1), 167-185, 2014
- “The Role of Signaling Identity in the Adoption of Personal Technologies” (with I. Soscia, R. Bagozzi), Journal of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 15: Iss. 2, 2014
- “Loyalty Program Structure and Consumers’ Perceptions of Status: Feeling Special in a Grocery Store?“ (with Z. Estes), “Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services”, Volume 20, Issue 5, Pages 439–444, 2013
- “Rejuvenating Importance-Performance Analysis” (with B. Busacca), Journal of Service Management, volume 22, number 3, 409-430, 2011
- “The impact of trial on technology adoption: the case of mobile TV” (with I. Soscia and C. Hofacker). Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, Vol. 5, Issue 2/3, pp.226 – 238, 2011
- “Pecunia Non Olet: gli switching behavior degli utenti di telefonia mobile.”, con D. Sperandio, Economia & Management, n. 4, 2010
- 2009, “Customer Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction in Retail Banking: Exploring the Asymmetric Impact of Attribute Performances”, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Volume 16, Issue 4, 271-280
- 2009, “Loyalty Building, Relational Trade Offs and Key Service Employess: The Case of Radio DJ's”, Journal of Service Management, Vol. 20, n. 3
- 2007, “Strategies of Imitation: An Insight”, Problems and Perspectives in Management, n. 4
- 2007, “Marketing challenges in a connected world”, con B. Busacca, B. Cova, K. Keller, e I. Snehota, Mercati e Competitività, n. 3
- 2006, “Technology-Supported Education: Old Questions For New Strategies”, Innovative Marketing, n. 4
- 2005, “Broadband Divide Among SMEs: The Role of Size, Location and Outsourcing Strategies”, International Small Business Journal, Volume 24 Issue 1
- 2005, "Lo sviluppo delle nuove piattaforme di comunicazione: dinamiche di mercato o servizio universale?", in Mercati e Competitività, Vol. 1 n. 2
- 2000, “Electronic Publishing for Small and Medium Sized Traditional Publishers”, Euromedia, 2000