Master of Science in Global Finance - MSGF International Collaborative Program
SDA Bocconi School of Management and Fordham University Graduate School of Business Administration (GBA), New York, offer an MCF-MSGF International Collaborative Program.
SDA Bocconi MCF students are offered the opportunity to complete their education by joining Fordham University’s GBA Master of Science in Global Finance (MSGF). MCF candidates admitted to the International Collaborative Program will receive both qualifications, joining the alumni networks of Fordham University and their partners, as well as becoming part of the Bocconi Alumni Association.
MCF Participants admitted to the Program will spend the month of July 2019 in New York: to obtain the MSGF degree, they will have to take three intensive-format courses. Graduation will occur at the beginning of August 2019.
MSGF students will acquire the ability to implement corporate goals through financial strategies that use the opportunities available in today’s global financial markets. Building on its nationally ranked Finance area, GBA offers high-caliber academic resources and unparalleled access to one of the leading financial market centers in the world - New York City. Participants will experience Fordham professors and courses but will also participate in company visits, lunch/dinner with prominent guest, Broadway shows etc. It is a unique opportunity to live the European and the American way of doing Corporate Finance.
MSGF skill outcome
The Master of Science in Global Finance program is designed for students who want to enhance their knowledge of global finance and who desire to understand the challenges of managing multinational companies operating in a complex and globally interconnected financial marketplace. MSGF students will develop skills that enhance their career prospects in today’s global job market and that reflect in-depth knowledge in following areas:
- Innovative financing instruments meeting the requirements of entrepreneurs and high-growth industries globally
- Portfolio strategies for investors seeking optimal risk-return tradeoffs from globally traded equity and fixed income securities
- Capital Raising Strategies used by firms in global financial markets
- Risk management strategies used by firms and investors in global financial markets
The MCF - MSGF Collaborative Program is comprised of 30 credits (10 courses) delivered at both SDA Bocconi in Milano and Fordham GBA in New York City.
SDA BOCCONI COURSES (Milano, Italy)
SDA Bocconi courses that are the equivalent of four Fordham foundation courses. These are:
- Corporate Finance
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Investment Decisions
FORDHAM COURSES (New York, USA)
- GFGB 7001 Global Financial Markets
- GFGB 7002 Contemporary Issues in Global Finance
- GFGB 7007 Raising Capital and Investing in Global Financial Markets
- GFGB 7004 Global Equity Portfolio Management
- GFGB 7005 Global Corporate Governance
- GFGB 7006 Global Risk Management
SDA Bocconi Courses will be offered in either regular format or intensive format.
Fordham GBA Courses will be offered in an intensive format, one course per week.
MSGF experential learning opportunities
The MSGF program blends classroom study with experiential business learning activities and social and cultural events. Company visits provide MSGF students with opportunities to learn first-hand about the corporate environment and differences in corporate culture. Lectures and presentations by senior executives give students an exposure to cutting-edge issues in contemporary financial markets from working professionals. Social events offer additional opportunities for cultural exchange and networking.
Recent MSGF company visits include:
- GE Capital
- RBC Capital
- NASDAQ market site
Recent MSGF Social Events include:
- Broadway show
- Lunch/Dinner Cruise
- Baseball Game at Yankee Stadium
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Welcome Lunch
- Graduation Ceremony
A truly global classroom
- MSGF Students have the opportunity to meet fellow students from Fordham University and international partner universities from around the world.
- Fordham GBA offers an International Faculty in Finance
- Study in New York - the finance capital of the world
- MSGF Graduates join a network of more than 14,000 GBA graduates and over 150,000 Fordham University graduates worldwide.
Cost: 12.500 €
MCF candidates interested in the MCF-MSGF Collaborative Program should flag this option on the MCF online application.
For more information: