Our MBA is a well-established program, with course syllabi and schedules prepared well in advance. Yet the structure of the program is flexible enough to accommodate special insights on cutting-edge topics or timely, informal discussions about the "event of the day", something that occurs unexpectedly and has powerful managerial consequences.
On these occasions, external speakers as well as SDA Bocconi and Bocconi faculty members come for talks on topics of interest. MBA students can discuss current issues in a timely fashion and naturally develop a habit to promptly compare the concepts seen in class with real-life cases. This is yet another chance to interact with classmates, with faculty members and professionals.
Special MBA Seminars' guests include, among others:
- Tito Boeri, Economist and Bocconi Professor of Economics - Populism & Welfare State
- Debashis Chatterjee, Director, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- Alan Friedman, Journalist, author and documentary maker
- Gianmarco Laviola, Managing Director, Princes - Ethical Tomato: the managerial and ethical challenges faced by a multinational corporation collecting and canning tomatoes in Apulia and fighting against 'caporalato' (gangmasters)
- Bruce McKern, Adjunct Professor, University of Technology Sydney
- Roberto Nava, Partner, Bain & Company
- Patrizio Pagano, World Bank Executive Director for Italy, Albania, Greece, Malta, Portugal, San Marino and Timor-Leste, Federica Saliola, Co-Director, World Development Report 2019 - Meet the World Bank (and its job opportunities)
- Peter Parry, Head Global Oil&Gas Conslulting, Bain & Company
- Jeffrey Pfeffer, Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Ofer Sachs, Israeli Ambassador to Italy
- Beppe Severgnini, Journalist and writer, Corriere della Sera
- Costa Vayenas, Senior Consultant, Procivis and Wellershoff & Partners