Maurizio Poli is Senior Lecturer of Decision Sciences & Business Analytics at SDA Bocconi School of Business. Since January 2018, he is Decision Sciences & Business Analytics Faculty Deputy at SDA Bocconi School of Management. He is Adjunct Professor of Statistics and Business Analytics at Bocconi University.
At SDA Bocconi, he was Director of Global Executive MBA (GEMBA) and he still is Faculty member of many Master and MBA Programs. He is Director of Post Graduate Program in Business (PGPB) and Executive Program in Business Analytics (EPBA) at SDA Bocconi Asia Center in Mumbai. He conducted numerous research, consulting and training projects and workshops in Europe with the major players in the retail, energy, pharmaceutical and banking industry.
The issues on which he conducts research and consultancy include business analytics and modelling, risk analysis, data visualization, project management and control systems. Currently, he is specializing in numerous fields including forecasting analysiswith innovative techniques and tools, the use of quantitative techniques for planning and the financial evaluation and control of business performances.
He is the author of some books and articles on the subject. His works have been published in Economia & Management and Politeia, among others. He has served as Visiting Professor in European, Asian and American Schools such as CBS, Fudan, Anderson UCLA. Since 2012, He is Executive MBA Council member and he was Guest Speaker at GMAC Conference in 2012. Since 1993, he is corporate consultant in data analysis, business simulation, financial modeling, business intelligence and management cost controlactivities. He has been awarded with the award Best Professor SDA Bocconi Open Market Courses in 2011 and the award Best Professor SDA Bocconi MBA Programs in 2007.
Maurizio earned a Degree in Economic and Social Disciplines (D.E.S.) from Bocconi University and the ITP (International Teachers Programme) from Stern School of Business New York University in 2000.
- La funzione compliance: banche, assicurazioni, imprese di investimento – AA.VV. Bancaria Editrice, 2010
- “Organizzare e gestire progetti” – ETAS, 2004
- “Decision Support Laboratory – Sistema di supporto alle decisioni” – DSGroup, 1993
- Poli M., Trinca Colonel R., “Predictive analytics: solo una questione di algoritmi?”, “Economia & Management”, 3 (2015)
- Compliance Risk in the Evolution of the Investment Services: an Empirical Study” , Politeia n.89, 2008
- "Data Mining tra mito e realtà” Economia & Management, n.1, 2001