1973 ‘Maturità Scientifica’, Liceo Scientifico A. Volta, Milano, with maximum grades.
1978 Laurea in ‘Economia Politica’ at Bocconi University, cum Laude. Thesis ‘Trade Unions as Organizations’, published in two articles in 1979.
1981 ‘Individual Studies Program’ in Business Administration at the PhD program of Harvard Business School. Research project on decision making (final paper published in ASQ 1984) and organization theory (final work published as a scientific monography in 1984 in Italian; transalated into English and Japanese and adopted in various Phd programs)
Full Professor of Management and Technology
Since 2001Full Professor of Business Organization, Bocconi University, Milan
2009-2012President Center of Research on Organization and Management, Strategic Interest Center, Bocconi University
2001-2008Director CRORA (Center of Research on Business Organization) Bocconi University
2006-2008Director, Institute of Organization and Information Systems, Bocconi University
1994-2010Professor of Research Methodology and of Organization Science in the Ph Programme in Business Administration, Bocconi University, Milan.
2001-2004Director PhD in Business Administration & Management, Bocconi University,
1998-2000Director of the Department of Business Administration, Faculty of Economics, University of Modena.
1998-2000Member of the Academic Senate, University of Modena.
1994 -2000Professor of Human Resource Management and Organization, Faculty of Economics, Modena.
1990-1994Associate Professor of Organization, Università Commerciale L.Bocconi.
1987-1990Associate Professor of Information Systems, Faculty of Engineering, University of Udine
1982-1987Research Fellow in Organizzational Behavior Bocconi University.
- Epistemic Economics and Organization, Routledge 2013; 10 Tesi sull’impresa.Contro I luoghi comuni dell’economia. Il Mulino 2015;
- Handbook of Economic Organization. Integrating Economic and Organization Theory (Editor), Edward Elgar, 2013;
- ‘Asset commitment, constitutional governance and the nature of the firm’ Journal of Institutional Economics 6/3, 2010;
- On decision-making: "A Prescriptive Contingency View of Organizational Decision Making", Administrative Science Quarterly, n. 29, 1984; ‘A rational heuristic model of economic decision making’ Rationality & Society, 22/4, 2010;
- On Governance&Organization: Corporate Governance and Firm Organization (ed), Oxford University Press, 2004;
- On inter-firm networks: "Inter-firm networks: antecedents, mechanisms and forms", Organization Studies, 16/2, 1995 (with Giuseppe Soda); "An Organizational Assessment of Interfirm Coordination Modes", Organization Studies, 6/8, 1997; Inter-firm Networks (ed), London, Routledge, 1998 (translated into Chinese);