SERVICE DESIGN IN THE DIGITAL ERA
4 days (3 days in classroom and 8 hours in Distance Learning)
Module in classroom (3 days): from the 19th to the 22nd of March 2019 (the 19th only afternoon, the 22nd only morning).
Distance Learning activities: 8 hours from the 5th of March to the 4th of April 2019.
- Today it is increasingly clear that each product is much more than a set of technical elements. It is a service and brand experience to be taken into account during marketing activity.
- The digital transformation processes currently taking place are redesigning business models starting from the ability to offer valuable services and experiences to customers.
- In the digital and networks era, the service experience is an experience journey, where interactions are ubiquitous, social and integrated in a variety of channels, in different dimensions of reality (physical and virtual) and over time (there is always a before and an after to our interactions), thanks to the data and ubiquity of the networks.
- In the time of big data every interaction and product/brand experience can be data-driven, guided by the software even in real time.
- Today, data is not only produced by tracking the customer in their decision-making process and purchase journey, each production process and product use/activity generates data (smart products).
- Through Artificial Intelligence, the analysis and use of data to support service and relationship decisions can be automated (replacing human decisions and activities with decisions and activities managed by software and robots).
- Business built around data-driven services tend to turn into platforms, where sharing technological, cognitive and relational resources creates opportunities for value creation for stakeholders across the network; consequently, the same market roles and competition change both their nature and their logics.
By enrolling in this program, you will be able to identify market opportunities for your business through the transformation of data into value propositions based on new services, which include interactions across multiple digital and non-digital touchpoints.
The course is aimed at executives who work in management roles, in marketing, customer service, customer operations, innovation, and business development functions.
Distance Learning - (5-18 March 2019)
- Skills assessment.
- Presentation of the faculty and participants.
- Distribution of materials including personalized materials on the following subjects:
- Technology trends;
- The service logic in marketing and business;
- Product as service, Data as service, Communication as service;
- Platform economy.
In the Classroom (19 - 22 March 2019 | 19 only afternoon, 22 only morning)
- Servitization paths for product businesses.
- Production and main service delivery models.
- Introduction to service experience design.
- Intelligence for service design.
- Innovating the customer journey approach.
- Applying digital augmentation to service experience design.
- Big data and AI for designing adaptive service.
- The new service ambients: digital, mobile/ubiquitous, augmented, adaptive interfaces and mixed-reality servicescapes.
- The social/collaboration dimension of the new services (role of social media but also the role of the sharing economy platforms).
- Service innovation for business model innovation.
- The new competencies.
- The impact of this transformation on marketing and the business organization.
Distance Learning (23 March - 4 April 2019)
Support in the preparation of a personal development plan and continuing skills and knowledge updates on the subject
In addition to face-to-face learning, the program includes 8 hours online that will provide, on the one hand, updates on some basic digital communication tools and techniques and, on the other hand, facilitates the systematization and future use of the content learned during the program. These activities will be performed individually and asynchronously, i.e. allocating time to the various tasks in a flexible manner that is compatible with one's schedule.
In the classroom, participants will be directly involved in a field project which deals with a real case.
Program director, SDA Bocconi Professor
Adjunct Professor USI Lugano and IE Business School, Madrid