Specializations - Health Care Management (HCM)
Advisor - Prof. Federico Lega
Co-Advisor - Prof. Emanuele Vendramini
The HCM Specialization prepares students to face strategic challenges and hot issues that arise in the turbulent political and social environment of health organizations and institutions.
The HCM Specialization is desgined to develop managerial competences and create leaders and managers prepared to tackle challenges through courses that focus on: strategic planning, budgeting and performance measurement, organizational behavior and design, quality development, IT management, operations management, human resource management, financial management and innovation implementation.
Along with hard skills, students will gain a deep understanding of the soft skills required to be successful managers in healthcare environments, such as change management practices, group leadership, management of interpersonal relationships and individual appraisal.
The Specialization is designed with a particular attention to the specificities of hospitals, primary care organizations, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, health maintenance organizations and other integrated healthcare delivery systems.
The HCM Specialization includes following courses:
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare Organizations
- Management Control and Performance Measurement
- Healthcare Marketing and Communication
- Seminars related to Healthcare Management Issues
Quality Improvement in Healthcare Organizations
- aims to give students a theoretical framework regarding the definition and measurement of quality in healthcare
- introduces traditional quality improvement techniques including accreditation credentialing, education, and new quality improvement new techniques, including continuous quality improvement, system design, practice guidelines and performance reports
- places a particular focus on operations management issues
Management Control & Performance Measurement
- analyses the characteristics of management control with reference to various healthcare sector activities and institutions.
- enphasizes performance management and measurement as a framework for decision-making processes
- learn how to assist institutions in using control systems to accomplish desired strategic goals
Healthcare Marketing and Communication
- focuses on internal and external marketing components
- pays particular attention to the marketing of different healthcare organizations and services
- learn how to develop a marketing plan from conception to implementation
- the practice of leveraging information and communication technology (ICT) to connect caregivers, healthcare systems, GPs, hospitals and patients and to draw integrated internal and external information flows
- develops the necessary knowledge and skills to evaluate and manage an information system within a healthcare structure
- focuses on the organizational development associated with IT driven change, thereby enabling participants to track major information flows and support decision making
Seminars related to Healthcare Management Issues
- Business Development in Hospital Management
- tackles business-planning issues
- provides competences on strategic, market and financial analysis required to envision
- evaluates opportunities/investments
- to draft a feasibility plan
- Commissioning and Licensing
- tackles purchasing and accreditation issues
- dedicated to purchasing methods for healthcare services (i.e. how contracts can be stipulated between health authorities/agencies and hospitals, how GPs pay-for-performance contracts are developed, etc.)
- focuses on accreditation models, with specific reference to the global standard set by Joint Commission
- Consulting Skills for Value Creation in Healthcare
- tackles approaches, methods and techniques for consultancy in health sectors
- specific focus on project management as innovation and change and is mostly delivered by task force/parallel structure work