Marco Morelli is SDA Professor of Management Control Systems at SDA Bocconi School of Management. He also teaches classes at undergraduate and graduate level at Bocconi University, Accounting Department.
He has been working for SDA Bocconi since 2005. He is currently Program Director of open programs on management control systems and Program Director of the Executive Program in Sport Management. He has been involved in many research and training projects with some of the major players in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, sport, publishing, fashion, food and beverage and arts industries.
His research activities focus on strategic performance measurement and cost management systems in many industries (food and beverage, fashion, sports, entertainment, pharmaceutical and healthcare). Currently, he is concentrating on three topics: managing innovation in management control systems, measuring and managing sales performance, the evolving role of the controller.
He is the author of books and articles on management control systems. His works have been published in Health Services Management Research, Journal of Management Control and Asian Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, among others.
Marco earned a Degree in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture and Communication from Bocconi University, a Ph.D. in Management from Catholic University in Milan and an ITP (International Teachers Programme) at HEC Paris. He is currently Visiting Professor at HEC Paris.
- Lecci F., Morelli M. (2016), “Managing Efficiency in Healthcare: a Matter of Private and Public Processes”, in Adinolfi P., Borgonovi E. , (edited by), The Myths of healthcare. Towards new models of leadership and management in healthcare sector, Springer
- Lecci F., Morelli M., " La valutazione delle pefromance dei processi chirurgici", in Dallocchio M., Tamarowski C., Campanelli G. (a cura di), Valore e misurazione delle performance. La day surgery in Italia, Egea, 2016
- Lecci F., Morelli M., "L'Istituto Europeo di Oncologia: evidenze empiriche", in Dallocchio M., Tamarowski C., Campanelli G. (a cura di), Valore e misurazione delle performance. La day surgery in Italia, Egea, 2016
- Morelli M., Zoni L., Innovare i sistemi di controllo, Egea 2013
- Bhimani A., Caglio A., Ditillo A., Morelli M., Performance Management. Modelli e strumenti per competere oggi, Egea 2010
- Dossi A., Lecci F., Longo F., Morelli M., Hospital acquisitions, parenting styles and management accounting change: an institutional perspective, <<Health Services Management Research>>, 2017
- Lecci F., Morelli M., Management control systems (MCS) change and the impact of top management characteristics: the case of healthcare organizations, <<Journal of Management Control>>, 2014
- Dossi A., Morelli M., Zoni L., Does the organizational life cycle affect the Management Accounting System (MAS) change pattern? A review of case studies, <<Management Control>>, 2012
- Dossi A., Morelli M., Zoni L., Management Accounting System (MAS) Change: Field Evidence, <<Asian Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics>> 2012
- Lecci F., Morelli M., Governo dei costi e cambiamento aziendale. La lunga strada verso l’integrazione, <<Mecosan>> 2011
- Bergamaschi M., Lecci F., Morelli M., Strategic Cost Management e aziende sanitarie, <<RIREA>>, (2010)
- Lecci F., Morelli M., I costi delle prestazioni lungodegenziali: determinazione delle aree di risultato e profili di economicità, <<<Mecosan>>, (2010)
- Bergamaschi M., Lecci F., Morelli M., Il cost management delle attività no core nelle aziende sanitarie, <<Economia e Management>> 3 (2010)
- Dossi A., Morelli M. (2013) Management accounting systems change. The role of agency and institutional contradictions, 7th Conference on Performance Measurement and Control,Barcelona, Spain – September 18-20, 2013
- Dossi A., Morelli M., Zoni L. (2012) Management Accounting System (MAS) Change: Field Evidence, APJAE Accounting Symposium held at University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, March 25-26, with a forum to honor Dr. Kashi R. Balachandran
- Lecci F., Morelli M. (2008) Il Governo dei costi come strumento per garantire la crescita nelle aziende sanitarie, in AIDEA – Atti del convegno (a cura di), Cambiamento, ristrutturazione
Participants will develop a greater understanding and awareness of the economic implications of their decisions when it comes to planning and defining objectives, and evaluating performance. Furthermore, they will improve their ability to discuss these issues with the appropriate stakeholders.