Alberto Dell'Acqua is SDA Professor of Corporate Finance and Real Estate at SDA Bocconi School of Management. He is Professor of Financial Management and Corporate Banking at Bocconi University.
At SDA Bocconi, he is Director of the Master in Corporate Finance (MCF) and he was Co-Director of the Executive Master in Corporate Finance & Banking for two editions. He conducted research and training projects for some of the major Italian economic associations and institutions.
His research activities focus on corporate finance, on private equity and venture capital and on corporate governance. Recently, he has developed five major topics: the dynamics of the credit market and its influence on the cost of debt, the relationship between corporate governance and the equity cost of capital, the relationship between the adoption of principles of social responsibility and corporate/fund performances, the dynamics of the corporate debt and the effects of disclosure on the stock price dynamics.
He is the author of numerous books and articles on the subject. His works have been published in European Financial Management, Corporate Governance, International Journal of Business in Society, International Review of Financial Analysis and Applied Financial Economics, among others. He has run many teaching and research projects in international universities, including ESA Business School in Beirut (Lebanon), the University of Benghazi (Libya) and the University of Technology in Sydney (Australia). He has been awarded of numerous prizes for teaching and for applied research projects, among them: the “Research Award 2016” by the Accounting, Control, Corporate and Real Estate Finance Department at SDA Bocconi; the prize “DIDASCO challenge 2014” for the best professor in knowledge management at SDA Bocconi. He also received a “Special Mention” in the national contest “An idea for the Country 2011”, promoted by the association Italia Camp, under the High Patronage of the Italian President of the Council of Ministers. He his Vice Chairman of a financial advisory company and of an investment company specialized in small and medium enterprises with high growth capabilities. He acts as member of the board of directors in some companies in commercial and services industries and is member of the Advisory Board of an international multi-family office.
Alberto earned a Degree in Business Administration with full marks from Bocconi University and a Ph.D. in Corporate Finance from the University of Trieste. He is a civil servant, with roles in the administration of local entities and previously he also served as member of Ministerial committees, all these activities are conducted pro bono. He actively serves as mentors of start-ups with a particular focus on Fintech initiatives. He is a keen squash player.
- Debt Management, Egea, Milano, 2016
- Brand Italiani, (con Dallocchio M., Etro L.L., Ligresti G., Rovetta B.), Egea, Milano, 2006
- Un ponte per la crescita, Imprese, banche e finanza per il futuro del sistema Italia, (con Cenciarini R., Dallocchio M., Etro L.L.), Gangemi Editore, Roma, 2006
- La gestione finanziaria di un intermediario del credito al consumo, (con Caselli S.), in Manuale del credito al consumo, EGEA, Milano, 2011
- Finanza straordinaria e PMI, (con, Etro L.L., Lombardi M.), in Gestione delle PMI, Preti P., Puricelli M., (a cura di), Il Sole 24 Ore Edizioni, Milano, 2008
- Mercati finanziari e nuove tecnologie ICT. Siamo fuori dal tunnel? (con Perrini F.), in Organizzazione e Information Technology, Pennarola F. (a cura di), Egea, Milano, 2005
- Public utilities e dinamiche evolutive, in Public utilities, creazione del valore e nuove strategie, Dallocchio M., Romiti S., Vesin G. (a cura di), EGEA, 2001
- Processi innovativi di creazione del valore nelle network industries (con Gianfrate G.), in Public utilities, creazione del valore e nuove strategie, Dallocchio M., Romiti S., Vesin G. (a cura di), EGEA, 2001
- Valutare le public utilities, in Public utilities, creazione del valore e nuove strategie, Dallocchio M., Romiti S., Vesin G. (a cura di), EGEA, 2001
Articles in international peer reviewed journals
- The Economic Significance of the Film Business: An empirical analysis of the Italian market, (with Etro L.L., Teti E.), Thunderbird International Business Review, Wiley & Sons Eds, forthcoming
- Corporate governance and the cost of equity. Empirical evidence from Latin American companies, (with Etro L.L., Teti E., Resmini F.), Corporate Governance. International Journal of Business in Society, Emerald Insight Eds., Vol. 16, Issue 5, 2016
- Relationship lending, credit market concentration and the cost of debt, (with Bonini S., Fungo M., Kysucky V.), International Review of Financial Analysis, Vol. 45, pp. 172-179, 2016
- Corporate social performance and portfolio management, (with Etro L.L., Teti E. Andreoletti L.B.), Journal of Management Development, Vol. 34, Issue 9, 2015
- IPO underpricing and aftermarket performance in Italy, (with Etro L.L. Teti E., Murri M.), Journal of Economic & Financial Studies, Vol. 1, n.5, pp.30-45, 2014
- Market value and corporate debt. The 2006-2010 international evidence, (con Etro L.L., Teti E., Barbalace P.), Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 23, pp. 495-504, 2013
- Cross Country Industry Betas, (with Etro L.L., Teti E., Boero M.), Corporate Onwership and Control, vol. 10, Issue 6, 2012
- UN PRI and Private Equity Returns, (con Teti E., Zocchi F.), Investment Management and Financial Innovations, n.3/2012
- Conference calls and volatility in the Post Reg-FD Era, (con Caselli S., Perrini F.), European Financial Management, Vol. 16, Issue. 2, pp.256-270, March 2010
Articles in national peer reviewed journals
- Come misurare le performance aziendali sui social media? Una proposta metodologica, in Economia & Management, n.2/2016, pp. 63-76
- Il conglomerate discount nelle aziende diversificate, (con Etro L.L., Correra A.), in Economia & Management, n.5, 2013
- Small cap investing, (con Barabino M.), in Economia & Management, n. 5, 2011
- Quale finanza per il futuro delle PMI?, (con Etro L.L.), in Economia & Management, n.4/2006
- I Venture capitalist italiani: chi sono, cosa fanno e cosa vogliono, (con Previtero A.), in Economia & Management, n.2/2006
- La gestione finanziaria nell’era digitale (con Perrini F.), in Economia & Management, n.4, Luglio-Agosto 2001
- A. Dell'Acqua, L.L. Etro, E. Teti, AC Milan Case, 2015, The Case Centre
- Milano 2015: un modello di valutazione d’impatto economico di un’Esposizione Universale, EyesReg – Giornale di Scienze Regionali, Vol. 2, N.5 – Marzo 2015
- I metodi di valutazione delle IPO in Italia: analisi ed evoluzione nel periodo 1997-2010, (con Etro L.L., Gremmo D.), in La Valutazione delle Aziende, Vol.64, 2012
- Il costo del capitale internazionale. Una verifica empirica pre-crisi finanziaria, (con Etro L.L.), in La Valutazione delle Aziende, n.58 Settembre 2010
- Informazione non finanziaria e valore delle imprese Internet: evidenze empiriche nel contesto italiano, in Contabilità, Finanza e Controllo, n. 8/9, Agosto – Settembre 2003
This course develops the capabilities of analyzing the optimal capital structure of companies, describes the principles for defining debt policies and provides the operational tools to manage the company’s debt in a professional manner.