Maria Cucciniello is Assistant Professor of Public and Healthcare Management and Policy at SDA Bocconi School of Management. She is Assistant Professor of Public Management at Bocconi University.
Her collaboration with SDA Bocconi began in 2006. She conducted research and training projects with important public sector organizations.
Her research focus on e-health and e-government, on the impact of ICT in healthcare and public sectors, on transparency in public sector, on change management and organizational redesign for the introduction of new information systems and evolution of managerial skills in PA.
She is the author of numerous books and articles on the subject. Her works have been published in Public Administration Review, Public Management Review, Journal of Medical Internet Research, Social Science Computer Review, Economia & Management and Mecosan. She is reviewer for many specialized magazines, including Health Policy, Critical Perspective on Accounting Journal and Azienda Pubblica. She is editorial board member of Review of Public Administration and Management and she has been elected New Researchers coordinator of the International Research Society for Public Management.
Maria earned the Undergraduate Degree in Public Administrations and International Institutions Management and the Master of science in Economics and Management of Public Administrations and International Institutions both from Bocconi University and a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Edinburgh.
- Cucciniello, Maria; Nasi, Greta (2016) Evaluation of the Impacts of Innovation in the Health Care Sector: A comparative analysis. pp.144--. In Innovation in Public Services Theoretical, managerial, and international perspectives
- Cucciniello M., Nasi G., Saporito R., (2012) E-government and transparency: the degree of interactivity and openness of Italian municipalities, in Managing E-Government Projects: Concepts, Issues and Best Practices, Edited by Stephen Aikins, University of South Florida , IGI Global
- Cucciniello M., Nasi G., Saporito R., (2012) "Making Transparency Transparent: an Assessment Model for Local Governments", in G.Tria and G. Valotti (eds), Reforming the Public Sector: How to Make the Difference, The Brookings Institution Press Washington, DC
- Cucciniello M, Nasi G., Saporito R. (2012) Trasparenza nel settore pubblico: quale divario tra il dichiarato e il desiderato?
- Cucciniello M, Nasi G. (2008) L’attuazione dell’e-government in Italia:retorica o realtà?” White Paper OCAP, EGEA Milan
- Cucciniello, Maria; Porumbescu, Gregory A.; Grimmelikhuijsen, Stephan(2016) 25 Years of Transparency Research: Evidence and Future Directions. DOI:10.1111/puar.12685. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION REVIEW
- Cucciniello, M.; Lapsley, I.; Nasi, G.(2016) Managing health care in the digital world: A comparative analysis. HEALTH SERVICES MANAGEMENT RESEARCH vol. 29 (4)
- Cucciniello, Maria; Nasi, Greta; Bellè, Nicola; Mena Marco (2016). Smart Cities and Transparency. Does Smartness Influence Transparency?. pp.2944-2952. HICSS 49- ISBN:978-1-4799-7367-5
- Cucciniello M, Bellè N, Nasi G, Mena M (2016) Smart Cities and Transparency. Does Smartness Influence Transparency? HICCS, Los Alamitos, CA (selected for the Best Paper Nomination within the eGovernment Track)
- Barbieri, Marta; Cantarelli, Paola; Cucciniello, Maria; Galli, Davide; Valotti, Giovanni (2016). INPS 2008-2011: MANAGING INNOVATION TO SATISFY CITIZENS’ NEEDS ECCH case collection
- Nasi G. Cucciniello M, Guerrazzi C, (2015) The performance of mhealth in cancer supportive care: a research agenda. Journal of Medical Internet Research
- Nasi G. Cucciniello M, Guerrazzi C, The role of mobile technologies in health care processes: the case of cancer supportive care, Journal of Medical Internet Research 2015)
- Cucciniello M, Lapsley I, Nasi G, Pagliari C. (2015) Understanding key factors affecting electronic medical record implementation: a socio-technical approach, BMC Health service research
- Cucciniello M, Guerrazzi C, Nasi G, Ongaro E. (2015). Coordination Mechanisms for implementing complex innovations in the healthcare sector. Public Management Review
- Cucciniello M, Nasi G. (2014). Evaluation of the impacts of innovation in the healthcare sector: a comparative analysis, Public Management Review 16, 1: 90-116
- Cucciniello M, Bellè N, Nasi G, Valotti G. (2014) Assessing public preferences and the level of transparency in government using an exploratory approach, Social Science Computer Review
- Cucciniello M, Nasi G. (2014) Transparency for trust in Government: how effective is formal transparency?, International Journal of Public Administration
- Cucciniello M., Nasi G. (2013). Evaluation of the impacts of innovation in the healthcare sector: a comparative analysis, Public Management Review
- Cucciniello, M. Nasi, G. Valotti, G. (2012) Assessing transparency in government: rhetoric, reality and desire Proceedings of the 45th Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA
- Cucciniello, M., Nasi G., Saporito R. (2010) Essere trasparenti conviene, Economia & Management 6, p. 5-7
- Barbieri, M. Cucciniello, M., Galli, D., Nasi, G., Valotti, (2010) G, PA Performance. Una proposta per attuare la riforma, Economia & Management, 5, p. 1-8
- Caccia C., Cucciniello M., Nasi G., (2009) Gli impatti della cartella clinica elettronica: un modello di misurazione degli effetti sull’azienda, Mecosan 70, pp. 23-34
- Caccia C., Cucciniello M., Nasi G. (2009) La valutazione degli impatti della cartella clinica elettronica, in “L’aziendalizzazione della sanità in Italia. Rapporto OASI 2009”, Egea, Milano, pp. 367-394
- Cucciniello M., Nasi G. (2007) Vision & practice dell’e-Government: i Comuni italiani nella ricerca SDA Bocconi (Vision & practice of e-government: the case of Italian Municipalities) in Il Sole 24 Ore ICT e Tech Solution n.9 - Settembre
- Cucciniello M., Nasi G. (2007) “Il modello di governance e di valutazione degli impatti del progetto Citizens iTV” in AA.VV “Citizens iTV: un modello regionale di servizi ai cittadini attraverso la televisione digitale terrestre.Il progetto sperimentale di Regione del Veneto” Franco Angeli Editore Milan