Carlo Alberto Carnevale Maffè is SDA Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at SDA Bocconi School of Management.
At Bocconi, he has been teaching in executive programs with leading international business schools (Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania, Stern School of Business - New York University, HEC Paris, Steinbeis University Berlin, International Management Institute New Delhi, Athens University of Economics, etc.) and in undergraduate and post-graduate courses (Business Strategy, Management Consulting). He has been coordinator of Master in Strategy and executive program in “Competitive Intelligence”, faculty member of Master in Business Administration and Master in Fashion, Experience & Design. He conducts research projects and executive education programs for many international corporations.
His research activity is focused on four key topics (competitive intelligence, non-competitive strategies, international strategies and strategies of technological innovation) applied to diverse industries (technology, financial institutions, media, telecommunications, luxury goods, etc.).
Author of many essays, books and articles, his works have been published in various journals and reviews, such as Long Range Planning, Harvard Business Review Italia, Economia & Management.He has been Visiting Lecturer at Columbia Graduate School of Business - New York. He has received the “Teaching Award” from SDA Bocconi. He is author and co-author of many publications on business cases such as Google, Facebook, Groupon, Telecom Italia, BMW-Mini, Tod’s, Geox, Reply, Banca Mediolanum. He has been reviewer and member of scientific committee of reviews and journals. He is regular contributor with economic op-ed and comments for international press and TVs, and coordinator of programs for radio broadcaster Radio24 – Il Sole 24 Ore. He is chairman at workshops of Aspen Institute Italia. He serves as independent director, member of the board and strategy adviser for venture capital funds and many international corporations and financial institutions, some of which listed on the stock exchange. He collaborates with CEFRIEL Research Center on digital ecosystems. He is member of ABI-Lab Committee for research on innovation in financial services and ANIE Confindustria scientific committee for research on “Industry 4.0”. He is been member of Strategic Management Society and Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals, and Best Paper Nominee at Academy of Management. He has served in the Steering Committee E-Business Policies of European Commission – DG Enterprise.
Carlo Alberto holds a Master cum laude in International Economics and Management at SDA Bocconi and a Degree cum laude in Political Science (Methodologies for Social Research) from University of Milan.
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., <<We (will) bank>>, in La banca che non fu scaricata dal web, (a cura di Cardamone, A.), Lupetti Editore, 2009
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., <<Il nuovo modello di business: capacità di adattamento e informalità>>, Il Fenomeno Facebook , (a cura di AA.VV.), Il Sole 24 Ore Editore, 2008
- Social network e modelli di business”, in V. Di Bari (ed.), Web 2.0, Edizioni Il Sole 24 ore, 2008
- “L’internazionalizzazione dei beni digitali” (with V.Mahnke & M.Venzin), in C. Dematté (ed.), Strategie di Internazionalizzazione, EGEA 2008
- (con T. Carnevale Maffè), Statistica – Interpretazione, calcolo ed elaborazione dei dati, Vallardi, 2007
- “L’impresa apolide”, in AA.VV, The Living Network, 2006
- “Specificità e linee guida della crescita internazionale delle aziende familiari” (with M. Venzin), in G. Corbetta (ed.), Capaci di crescere, EGEA, 2005
- Servizi postali e vendita a distanza EGEA, Milano, 2000, (co-authored with Franco Amigoni)
- “Tod’s” (with E. Corbellini), in G. Invernizzi (ed.) Strategia e Politica Aziendale: Casi, EGEA, 2004
- Il futuro digitale, Edizioni il Sole 24 ore, 2002
- “Sulla Rete Senza Rete? Criteri di valutazione della sostenibilità strategica dei business model su Internet”, in C. Dematté (ed.), “E-business”, EGEA, 2001
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Le decisioni tra monopolio e mercato, <<Harvard Business Review italia>>, Dicembre 2009
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Né Free né Pay. L’evoluzione economica e organizzativa del modello di produzione televisiva, Link- Idee per la televisione, n. 8,2009
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Leadership come narrazione strategica, <<Harvard Business Review italia>>, Aprile 2009
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Venzin, M., Sfide e linee guida per la crescita internazionale delle aziende familiari, <<Economia & Management>>, n. 5, 2005
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Il Corporate Performance management: da mito tecnologico a realtà economica, <<Ita Sas Com>>, Ottobre 2004
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Wireless Technologies: Which Applications for Corporations?, <<Economia & Management>>, Marzo-Aprile 2003
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., The Future of the New Economy, <<Economia & Management>>, July-Agosto 2001
- Carnevale Maffè, C. A., Towards the Networked Scorecard. Strategic Management of the New Enterprise, <<Arc Vision>>, Estate 2001
- “The Changing Landscape of the European Financial Services Sector”, Long Range Planning, Volume 34, Issue 6, December 2001