David Bardolet is SDA Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at SDA Bocconi School of Management. He is a Teaching Fellow in the Management and Technology Department at Bocconi University and since january he is Associate Dean for SDA Bocconi Asia Center.
His cooperation with SDA Bocconi began in 2015. Since then, he has taught courses in business strategy, corporate strategy and entrepreneurship in many programs. He has also conducted research and training programmes with many multi-national companies in a variety of industries. His current research activities focus on helping companies to improve the efficiency of their corporate entrepreneurship efforts.
His past research activities have focused on behavioural strategy, resource allocation, strategic decision-making processes, corporate strategy and corporate entrepreneurship. In particular, he has conducted a number of studies on corporate resource allocation processes and the managerial biases that affect the efficiency of those processes.
He is the author of several articles on those subjects. His works have been published in Journal of Management, Strategic Management Journal and Industrial and Corporate Change, among others, and his research has been presented and discussed in numerous academic conferences. He has won the Bocconi Teaching Excellence Award three times.
David earned a Degree in Industrial Engineering from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya in Barcelona (Spain), an MBA from IESE Business School in Barcelona (Spain) and a Ph.D. in Management from the University of California Los Angeles (U.S.).
- Lovallo, D., Brown, A., Bardolet, D. 2017. “The effect of relative size, profitability and growth on corporate capital allocations”, Journal of Management
- “Cross-subsidization”, Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, David Teece and Mie Augier (Eds.), 2016
- “Principal-agent”, Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, David Teece and Mie Augier (Eds.), 2016
- Bardolet, D., Lovallo, D. and Rumelt R. 2010. “The hand of management: Differences in capital investment behavior between multi-business and single-business firms”, in “Management Innovation: Essays in the spirit of Alfred Chandler Jr.”, 2011, Oxford University Press.
- Fox, C.R., D. Bardolet, D. Lovallo, (2011), Corporate Capital Allocation: A Behavioral Perspective, Strategic Management Journal, 32: 1465-1483, Wiley
- Bardolet, D., Lovallo, D. and Rumelt, R. (2010) “The Hand of Management: Differences in Capital Investment Behavior between Multi-business and Single-business firms”, Industrial and Corporate Change, 19 (2), 591-612
- Fox, C.R., D. Bardolet, & D. Lieb, (2005) Partition Dependence in Decision Analysis, Resource Allocation and Consumer Choice. In R. Zwick and A. Rapoport (eds.), Experimental Business Research, Vol. 3: Marketing, Accounting, and Cognitive Perspectives. Norwell, MA and Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers.